80/20 in the Classroom: How to Reclaim Your Energy & Effectiveness
As your child progresses in school, homework assignments get more challenging, and workloads get more prominent. We grow your child’s ability to take on these challenges with confidence and ease through our study skills program.
Our study skills program is designed to support middle school students and build great habits that can last a lifetime.
The program design for 6th grade, 7th Grade, 8th Grade and 9th Grade. Even if your child is an outstanding student, we’ve found that establishing great study habits early is the secret to making a significant impact in school, from higher grades to greater confidence.
As your child progresses in school, homework assignments get more challenging, and workloads get more prominent.
Our study skills program students gets the individual support needed to develop better habits – How to become an independent and effective student.
- Active reading strategies, including reading comprehension strategies, to read better in every class.
- Active listening strategies and presentation skills to communicate clearly.
- Practical note-taking strategy and how to use study tools, such as flashcards and color coding, to study efficiently and improve test scores.
- School time management tips and organizational habits to better manage time and responsibilities.
- Test-taking procedures to take tests and quizzes with confidence, tackle different difficulties, and manage testing anxiety.
- Job interview preparation, including job interview tips and how to write an effective resume and cover letter.
- How to research effectively, such as learning how to research a topic, evaluate sources and write a bibliography.
- How to write effectively, such as mastering all the steps of the writing process.
- How to be safe online, such as learning how to locate, evaluate and share digital information responsibly and other tips on being safe on the internet.
- How to navigate college admissions requirements, including a college admission essay.