The five competencies:
1. Self–awareness: Accurately recognize one’s own
emotions, thoughts, values, and how their behavior influences others.
2. Self-management: Successfully regulate one’s emotions, thoughts, and behaviors in different situations — effectively managing stress, controlling impulses, and motivating oneself.
3. Social awareness: The ability to review another’s perspective, empathize with others’ feelings.
4. Relationship skills: Compatible to establish and maintain healthy and meaningful relationships with individuals and groups.
5. Responsible decision-making: Compatible to make proactive choices about their behaviors and social interactions.