The fourth-grader will read even longer chapter books and more nonfiction books and texts.
- Apply more advanced reading comprehension strategies to understand text, including making inferences, determining the main idea, and identifying key details.
- Synthesize information from two texts.
- Support analytical thinking with specific examples from the text.
- Summarize information.
- Interpret information from charts, images, videos, timelines, and diagrams.
- Compare and contrast information read.
- Proficiently read at grade level four in both fiction and nonfiction texts.
- Learn new vocabulary words using context clues.