The complete guide for preparing your children to school year
Last updated: 8, July 2020
The 2020-2021 school year has bought up a broad range of questions for both parents and teachers alike. Whether your child’s school year is a hybrid style, will be at home and distance learning for the school year or you just concerned that there may period of time your child will be at home again and found it challenging to manage your workload and your children’s school, homework, and learning life. Academic Teacher Coach (ATC) can be a tremendous support for children and families.
If you are reading this page, know you are not alone, Kids on the Yard is presently working with families to fulfill their child’s needs for the 2020-2021 school year.
Transparency is key to any relationship
What You'll Get With Academic Teacher Coach ("ATC")?
- Small group: 3:1 teacher-student ratio. Students benefit from asking questions and getting support from their ATC while also being afforded time to work independently.
- Proactive ATC reinforces lessons, strengthens skills, homework helper, and review lessons from distance learning.
- Customized support, depending on families’ needs.
- Tailored lessons to your child’s academic needs—from schoolwork, managing time, managing Zoom and support test prep
- School-aligned curriculum.
- Expert teachers in that particular grade.
- Convenient schedules during the day, afternoons, evenings, and weekends to work around your busy life.
- Affordable monthly packages to keep it simple.
- Credential teachers.
- ATC strives to teach its students how to become life long learners.
I want to hire a teacher to come to my home for the school year to teach my child or a small group. Do you have available teachers?
Road Map for your child's 2020-2021 school year
What is a typical National Average teacher's salary?
There are many resources and references regarding information on average teacher salary.
Example for source reference from salary.com
What are my options for a small group for the 2020-2021 school year?
To help you accurately plan for safe return to the new school year. The following points need to be considered for working in small groups at home and what an academic teacher coach can facilitate.
Several areas parents need to consider before inviting a teacher to join your family for the 2020-2021 school year.
The following points need to be considered for bringing academic teacher coach to your home and what they can facilitate.
For those who already switched to homeschooling
The process involved in finding the best match for your child takes on average about 15 interviews, 3 top selections, credential check, background check. An COVID-19 test, health check, and TB test is require in some states before hiring.
Fee and others
Many parents who have already switched to homeschooling are facing similar questions and challenges. We listed a few points below.
Our academic directors are happy to meet and walk you through to build your child’s right program.
Lastly, in conclusion:
Tutors have specific areas of expertise, which can be very beneficial when giving their time and attention to students who need it most. Tutors make it possible for students to excel, even if they have special needs, and most parents will find that seeking out a tutor is an essential part of their child’s academic success.
Is Kids on the Yard, the right fit for my child?
Great choice, here a list of things you might want to keep in mind before you make a final decision:
- Is the tutor or teacher a certified teacher or graduate professional in the state, you ask requesting information about?
- Does the teacher have SEL language and skills to support your child’s emotional needs?
- If costs seem competitive to other learning centers’ prices, then compare results on various review sites?
- Ensure that all costs are discussed upfront (including assessment charges), so there won’t be any surprises before committing to a full tutoring program.
Finding the right tutor for your children should include a thorough vetting process whether you choose a private tutor or a specific company so they can achieve the best results possible.