Figuring out what is standing in your child’s way to success.
Children struggling and falling behind in school are not happy children. Learning for kids with learning disorders or attention problems is unusually difficult; they often suffer for several years before parents and teachers figure out something is in their way. Once a child struggles in school, it tends to affect their self-esteem and overall well-being.
What is an Educational Therapist?
Overall, they are professionals who work one-on-one with children on their learning challenges.
ETs, for short, professional backgrounds range from special education to speech and language therapy to psychology. But the overall focus is on the whole child—their emotional and cognitive thoughts involved in successful learning.
There are several primary areas an ET needs to address before learning can begin. For example, have they developed behaviors that hide their issues? Start with the skills a child lacks and use different strategies to build them. This could mean planning a task and getting organized to get over the hump of just starting. Kids also need to understand the why and point of their efforts and why practicing these skills support learning. This promotes future behavior by determining which strategies to use for a given task in front of them. Finally, routines start once practiced skills feel like habits. Routines support children to get started without wasting a lot of attention and willpower, convincing themselves to sit down and work.
Start with Us!
Direct Call Today:
Using an SMS:
Building Positive Relationships
Once an educational therapist builds a positive “working relationship” with their students, the child has also learned to build a positive relationship with another adult, which crosses over to many areas of their lives long term.
Parents Trust Kids on the Yard – Here’s Why You Can, Too
Whether your child needs to master core foundational skills or learn complex advanced concepts, our educational therapist provides supplemental support that leads to more significant learning. You’ll see how our approach translates to school and all areas of life.
Here’s how we customize our programs to fit your child’s unique needs:
- With our KOTY Rapport-Building Method, well-trained educational therapist, and Social Emotional Learning program, children learn from the best and from an educator that genuinely cares for them.
- We evaluate your child’s strengths and opportunities for growth to meet them exactly where they are so we know where to start academically.
- We create customized lessons that are based on their personal interest combined with your child’s learning skill level and pace, so your child feels engaged and motivated – never frustrated, rushed or bored.
- Balancing tailored instruction with independent practice, so every session advances your child’s skills while also being fun. (Yes, fun!)
- Our passionate educators foster your child’s love of learning, so concepts click and comprehension soars, developing them into all-around successful learners.
- Our tutors collaborate with you to ensure progress and goals are made in core areas.