Home school options
In Florida, there are three options under which you can legally homeschool.
Homeschooling under the homeschool statute
Homeschooling under a private school “umbrella” program
Homeschooling with a private tutor.
Getting Started With Home School
Home Education is a parent-directed educational option that satisfies the requirement for regular school attendance. Florida Laws protecting home education became effective in 1985. Parents have the freedom to determine their child’s educational path and the plan for reaching their goals. Students have the opportunity to explore and learn at their own pace, in any location or at any time. Home education students are able to enter institutions of higher learning and are eligible to participate in the Florida Bright Futures Scholarship Program. More than 106,000 students in approximately 75,000 families are in Home Education Programs throughout Florida.
- Choosing to begin a Home Education Program
- Summary of Home Education Program requirements
- Home Education FAQs (PDF)
- Home Education and Bright Futures
- Home Education and ESE Services FAQs (PDF)
- Home Education and Dual Enrollment FAQs (PDF)
- Private School and Home Education Transfer of Credits FAQs (PDF)