The holiday season is here, and it is so much fun!
With all the festivities, traditional foods, and cultural celebrations that come with holidays, holiday journaling can be the icing on the cake! Holiday journaling brings more holiday excitement and holiday spirit while at the same time giving children the opportunity to write about real-life and holiday-themed topics. Holiday journaling also improves your child’s knowledge about their culture and allows them to analyze their beliefs about holiday experiences.
The following 25-holiday writing prompts will give your child writing ideas about Christmas, Thanksgiving, Halloween, and Hanukkah, among other holidays.
This fun list will make your child’s holiday journaling worth it!
- Do you remember your first Thanksgiving celebration? How was the experience?
- Introduce a new holiday practice for your family. Describe some of the activities you will do in the holiday and why they will be crucial to your family.
- What is your favourite holiday? What is so special about the holiday?
- Do you think adults enjoy the Christmas holiday as children do? Explain your answer.
- Do you love decorating on holidays? Why is that the case?
- Do you believe in Santa? How will Christmas day be without Santa?
- Do you think the New Year celebration is relevant? Explain your answer.
- Do you make New Year’s resolutions? Do you have any resolution for the New Year?
- Do you love or despise Halloween? Give a detailed answer.
- Is it necessary to wrap holiday gifts?
- Pumpkins are extensively used during the Halloween holiday. Why do you think that is the case?
- Which holiday do you love the most? Why is that the case?
- If you were given a chance to choose a gift to be given to every child across the world during Christmas, what gift would you choose and why?
- You have been given the role of creating a holiday dinner for your family. Create a menu for your perfect meal.
- Which winter holiday do you consider the best? Give details.
- Do you have a favourite holiday movie? Would you please explain why it is your favourite?
- If you were allowed to invent a new holiday, what would it be about, and how would you call it?
- Have you ever received a gift that was so meaningful to you? Why did you consider it to be so important?
- What holidays does your family celebrate? Do your friends celebrate different holidays from yours, and do you understand them?
- Winter is here with us! Write a poem about winter, taking note of how it feels and sounds.
- Are there parts of the holiday that you don’t like? Which are they, and how do you deal with them?
- What do you think is the meaning of the term ‘holiday spirit’? Have you experienced it this year? Would you please explain your answer?
- Who do you think to deserve the best gift in your family? Why that is the case, and what gift would you offer them?
- Do you have any resolutions for the New Year? If your answer is yes, discuss the best-three resolutions you plan to prioritise. If your answer is no, give at least three reasons why that is the case.
- How would it be like to celebrate the holiday in a different country? Do you think it would be fun?
Did you like these holiday writing prompts? Don’t forget to hit the Like and Share button. You can also share your thoughts and insights by leaving a comment below. Please also visit our page to find out more ABOUT US!
At Kids on the Yard, we have so many resources for your child! We are determined to help them develop strong writing skills through building them foundational solid writing skills, improving grammar, preparing for essays, quizzes tests, and keeping up with homework assignments.
“The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart: Wishing you happiness.”– Helen Keller