50 Spring 2022 Fun Activities and Learning for Families
Spring has sprung!
No more snowing; the grass is green; the flowers are blooming; the trees are blossoming; everything seems to be full of life!
Spring weather puts all of us in a happy mood, as we enjoy longer days and shorter nights. The moderate temperatures (not too cold or too hot) boost our spirits and make outdoor activities more fun. In addition, the feeling of soft wind on our faces and the blow on our hair is fantastic.
Spring’s greatest joy beyond a doubt is when it brings the children out.”— Edgar Guest.
Spring is a perfect time to engage in fun and learning activities with your family. How do you intend to spend this most blissful and refreshing season of the year? If you are looking for fun and educative activities for your entire family this spring, we got you!
Here’s what we have prepared for you:
PART I: 20 Spring Fun Activities!
PART 2: 20 Amazing Spring Writing Prompts Your Children Will Love.
PART 3: 10 Reading Activities your Family will enjoy this spring
Part I: 20 Spring Fun Activities!
Fun Spring Activities for Families
1. Visit a Local Park:
You can use your phone’s map application to locate local parks near you. Besides conserving the environment, parks provide kids and families an opportunity to connect with nature and enjoy recreational activities outdoors.
2. Visit a Community Playground in your Locality:
Visiting a playground will be a great idea with the beautiful spring weather. Playgrounds allow children to practice and sharpen their physical, emotional, and cognitive skills. They also make new friends, share, interact, and enjoy the beauty of nature surrounding them.
3. Cloud-Watching Activities:
Clouding watching is a traditional fun activity where children of all ages connect with the outdoors. Children formulate exciting stories and pictures through creative imaginations by watching the cloud. A combination of fresh air, good belly laughs, and creative dreams are suitable for everyone’s health!
4. Visit the Zoo:
Visiting the Zoo can be an unforgettable experience for your child. Zoos offer so much fun and earning opportunities to both children and adults. A day at a Zoo also brings friends and families together to acquire priceless knowledge.
5. Go for Hiking:
Hiking is an excellent activity since the weather is soothing and comfortable during the spring season. Your family will likely enjoy more hiking in places with beautiful views such as waterfalls, mountains, lakes, or trees. Hiking also becomes more exciting when crowned with snacks or small picnics.
6. Celebrate Earth Day on April 22nd
More than one billion people worldwide celebrate earth day on April 22nd to protect the planet from vices like deforestation and pollution. Your family can celebrate the day by partaking in activities such as planting trees and picking up litter in the neighborhood. Such actions will make your world a better place and make you healthier.
7. Play in April Showers:
Playing in the rain releases the joyous childhood memories that you could have forgotten and triggers a lot of happiness from your children. It also improves children’s physical skills, promotes a healthier lifestyle, provides a sensory experience, and enhances creativity.
8. Paint Rocks:
Collecting and painting rocks can be fun and a science lesson activity. Collect different stones and let your children determine what type of rocks they are. Then select the most beautiful ones and paint them.
9. Prepare some Homemade Ice-creams!
You cannot miss enjoying your favorite ice cream flavor with the weather being so conducive! Preparing homemade ice creams at home is also a great way of introducing your child to cooking.
10. Build a Bird Feeder Together and Watch Bird Flock in your Homestead!
Feeding birds is such an adorable act: It can also be entertaining! As the birds come to feed, you will be surprised to learn that there are so many different breeds within your home area.
11. Decorate Easter Eggs:
Decorating Easter eggs is a traditional spring activity that you don’t want to miss! Besides using dyes, you can decorate Easter eggs with stickers, crayons, and tissue paper. Whichever method you use, it will be fun!
12. Plant a Garden:
You can create a small garden of herbs, veggies, or beautiful flowers. A garden is fun, educative to children, and livens up your yard. Colorful flowers such as violas and pansies are also perfect for spring.
13: Plan for an Outdoor Movie Night:
With the warmer nights rolling in during spring, you can enjoy a movie with your family outside. Bring the TV out, an extension cord, drinks, and popcorns, and let the family feel the smell of the air while enjoying a movie. You can even try a movie projector for more fun!
14. Fly Kites
Buy a set of kits and compete among the family members who can fly it the highest and longest. Teaching your children to fly a kite in an open field can be a great physical exercise and a memorable experience.
15. Bake Together:
Like preparing homemade ice creams, baking can be an excellent opportunity for kids to learn cooking and enjoy eating the delicacies later. Older children can help you mix ingredients and actual baking, while younger children can help with decoration.
16. Go Berry Harvesting:
Berry picking season mainly falls between late summer and mid-fall, but they are also picked during the spring season. Your family can pick strawberries and blueberries from the late spring season. The tastiest berries are harvested during the spring season.
17. Throw a Garden Tea Party:
If you have a big yard or garden, you can plan for a beautiful tea party, even for the family members alone. A garden tea party will give your family and friends a wonderful moment to enjoy the beautiful weather as they interact and catch up on what’s happening around you.
18. Create a Bouquet of Wild Fruits:
Springtime is a time when flowers bloom the most. So many beautiful wildflowers bloom and pop up at the same time. You can spend the entire afternoon with your family picking wildflowers and together create a bouquet.
19. Play the April’s Fool Day:
We all know about April 1st’s fool day. The fools’ day can be fun, especially when they are not cruel or highly cliché. Only engage in activities that are pure fun and entertaining.
20. Spring Clean:
Springtime is an excellent time to scrub clean your home and get rid of things that you no longer need in your space. Spring cleaning is a lot of fun for children and works as training for home chaos.
Part 2: 20 Amazing Spring Writing Prompts Your Children Will Love.
Fun Spring Activities for Elementary Students & Fun Spring Activities for Middle School Students
- What makes you know it is spring?
- Why is the spring associated with birth?
- What activities can you do in spring but cannot do during winter?
- Make a list of some of the signs of spring. Consider the sounds, feels, and smells of winter.
- Many people enjoy pranking their friends and families during April’s Fools day. Write about an April’s Fools day joke that went wrong?
- If you had the chance to choose a destination anywhere in the world for your spring holidays, where would you go? Why did you choose that destination?
- What if the “Spring Fever” was an actual illness? What symptoms would people with the fever have? What would be your treatment plan?
- Write a letter to your school administrator requesting an extension of the Spring holiday. Please provide valid points about the need to extend the holiday.
- What would happen if the Easter Bunny overslept?
- Spring is said to be a time for new beginnings. What are the new things you would love to begin this summer?
- What are the three main things you would love to get rid of during the spring cleaning in your home?
- Write an exciting story about your encounter with the “genie in the bottle.”
- Describe how your day would be if you woke up as the Easter Bunny.
- Imagine you came across a magical coin in your yard. The coin gives you a chance to make three wishes. What would be your wishes?
- Which is your favorite pet, and why?
- Imagine that the spring season was a person. Describe their characteristics, interaction, and looks.
- Imagine you woke up today and found out that you are a butterfly. How will you spend your day from morning to evening?
- Write an essay about how to dye Easter eggs or build a bird feeder.
- Describe how children can help to conserve the world from pollution.
- Would you prefer planning a garden or hiking in the woods on a spring day? Explain your reasons.
PART 3: 10 READING ACTIVITIES YOUR FAMILY WILL ENJOY THIS SPRING:
Read during Meal Time: Encourage your child to read aloud recipes when you’re preparing dinner. This type of reading improves their fluency, vocabulary… and dessert!
Make Reading a Game: Use different voices or mimic the voices of their favorite cartoon characters when reading. You can also make funny dance moves while reading. Have your child read in other agents and show amusement as they read. This way, they will see reading as a fantastic experience over a chore.
Discuss Favorite Book Characters in different Scenarios: What would Harry potter cook for dinner. How would Geronimo Silton handle this chore? Such actions will promote deep thinking about character traits and motivate them to read more.
Read Outside: Grab your favorite books and go outside. Read them together with your children. You can also act out some of the characters to make it more fun.
Story Charade: Choose one story from a fairytale or book that all your family members understand well and act out the story. Some of the family members can be the audience or narrator. Acting out a story helps your children understand the details and motivates them to read more.
‘Who am I’ game: Choose one book character among many that your child loves, then describe their personality traits, physical descriptions, and problems and ask them to guess the identity. The game is a fun way to pass the time when taking a walk or resting in the yard.
Create Book Nooks: Book nooks are comfortable places set for reading. Ensure that your child’s book nook has good lighting and is filled with necessary learning tools such as a dictionary, pencils, pens, and sticky notes. Book nooks motivate to read and select favorite sections with sticky notes and check difficult words on their dictionary.
Create a Family Reading Web: You can create a family reading web page using free and simple online programs. Use sections of each family member’s favorite books, their book reviews, pictures of famous authors, and local libraries’ links.
Act out some of Your Child’s Favorite Books: Set the stage outdoors with consumes, fun props, and different voices for each character. Allow your child to be creative by putting on superhero or princess costumes during the act.
Form a family book club: Reading a favorite book with your family and discussing plots, themes, and ideas can be educative and great fun. Creating a family book club can help to achieve this goal and more. A book club is an excellent activity for creativity, imagination, literature practice, and education.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Can I plan spring activities for my family during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Yes, you can! The safest options for your family will be outdoor activities. However, you can also engage in different activities within your home.
Q: Can I plan spring activities with a tight budget?
You don’t need a lot of money to plan spring activities for your family. There are so many very budget-friendly and free activities. Some of the free spring activities your family can engage in include walking in a park, building an ecosystem, and hiking.
Q: Why are Family Activities important?
· They help to create a close bond among family members.
· They allow family members to spend quality time together.
· Family activities are fun and healthy.
· They improve your child’s communication skills.
· Builds your child’s emotional, physical, and social skills,
What are some fun educational activities?
– Teach your kids new life skills.
– Reinforce and re-learn old skills.
– Alphabet Matching for younger children.
– Learn about a new country or culture.
– Teach them how to garden indoors
– Teach them how to cook and bake
Planning spring activities should be easy and affordable for everyone. Engaging in family spring activities helps your family stay active and fosters creativity. However, always consider the weather and the prices when selecting the best activities for your family. It is also crucial to consider the Covid-19 restrictions and take all the precautions necessary for your family’s safety.
Are you curious about us? Then, please visit our website for further insights.